Monday, May 2, 2011

A Tale of Two Postings

This is very exciting, dear reader.  I've posted twice!  In one day!

I find myself with spare time between classes today, so I write instead.  This is a much better use of my time than, say, what I was doing last semester when I had two hours free between classes and emailed myself constantly.  Same concept, different media and I don't get double emailed.  A Win-Win situation, I believe is the term.

I have this shirt, see.  It's a generic Outer Banks, NC shirt, except that it reads "Hello, my name is Rodger and I will be flogging you today" on the back.  This is fairly important.

Throughout the day, I periodically forget what shirt it is that I'm wearing.  Today is one of those days.  So I went out to get McDonalds, and instead of drive thru, I figured what would be the harm in going into the store and getting it to go that way.

After I ordered, I went around the side to get my soda, and all of the sudden there is loud laughter from behind me.  I figure someone had shared a joke with someone else and was being very merry about it, but since I am a curious kitty cat, I turned to see what all the ruckus was about.  The man standing behind me had at this point gone around me the other way and said "Great shirt!"  I was confused and befuddled and anything else that means I had no idea what was going on.  He smiled at me and said, "I needed a laugh, that is a great shirt!"  I thanked him and said it was my pleasure to make him laugh.

I feel really good about myself now.  I gave a laugh and a smile to someone who needed it.

So, to you, older-than-I-am gentleman who patroned the McDonalds in Dublin today,

You're welcome.  I don't know why you needed a laugh, but I'm glad I could help you out.

Your friendly neighborhood blogger,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment