Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I find myself with a lot of nervous energy this morning

Also, with about fifteen minutes before I have to leave.

So, you guys get a little post.  Isn't that swell?

I hate having to look nice for things.  It's a shame that I'm being interviewed for a job that requires it.  I dislike wearing skirts because I don't like my ankle area.  I like slacks, but I hate the shirts I have because I feel like they make me look like a butch lesbian.  That isn't quite the vibe I'd prefer to give off.

Also, my hair is refusing to make itself do pretty things, so I'm forced to interact with it, which just makes it all different kinds of ridiculous.  I have to wear makeup, even though I'm completely comfortable with how my face looks without the make-up, I have to pretend I know what I'm doing and that I'm not a thirteen-year-old-with-her-first make-up-kit on the inside.  It's all more stressful than the interview would be without all of this.

Honestly, I don't see why they don't hold casual interviews.  I think it would be a better way to see who you're hiring.  You say, "Come in whatever you would wear if today were just another day."  Then when they get their in the jeans and band-tee-shirt, you ask them why they wore what they did, what prompted their decision.  You then learn about their daily life and who they are as a person.  You know their taste in music, their plans for the rest of the day, their interests, their style-sense.  Whether or not they really put make-up on and wear their hair down.

I should be an interviewer.  I think I would rock at it.  You get them there in their wild day-clothes, tell them that usually they would have to dress up, make sure they like/can do that, and then, have a second interview where you test them on their ability to look nice.  If they really can do what they say they can, go for it.  If not, well, they're just not the right person for this job, and they should look elsewhere.

See?  I'd be awesome.

I'm nervous as shit.  I didn't even know shit could be nervous, but apparently it can be, and I'm as nervous as it.

No comments:

Post a Comment