Sunday, May 1, 2011

Internet Memes and Old Ladies

I'm fairly certain I'm cheating at the Non-Stop NYAN cat...As I'm doing this and have it open in another window, but I've been listening to it for 700-something seconds, so I suppose I'm doing pretty ok.  I found one of the 4/20 easter eggs.  It just gives it a rasta-patterned hat.  Not that I'm complaining, but still, less exciting than I'd hoped.

And now, on to the eye candy portion.

My church has two services, a 9:30 and an 11 service.  I attend both because a) dad drives and I can go early and help set up and I don't want to drive his car home after the first service, and b) because of the guys in the band.

Oh my gosh, guys.  Seriously.  If I wasn't such an awkward old lady on the inside, I'd be much more obvious about my attraction to these guys.

As it is, I knit while listening to audiobooks and my joints creak, and I can't look guys in the eye.  I don't know why I can't look men in the eye, it's a problem I've had for a really long time.  I got very lucky that my eye doctor is a woman.  Dad and my male family members I don't have a problem with, but I cannot seem to look guys I find attractive in the eye.  So my attraction goes unnoticed and I think they lose heart because I've trained myself to not show that I like guys.  It's because I'm trying not to look as desperate as I know I am.

But it's cool because my dad is on the sound crew, and they all flock there between services.  It makes me a very happy girl.  And I'm growing slowly more confident in myself so I'm able to talk while they are there, even if I can't quite talk to them yet, or even look at them.  I'm absolutely ridiculous, I avoid staring too long because for some reason I don't want them to know I like them?  See, it doesn't even make sense to me!

So I will be my awkward old lady with my kitty cat and my knitting and my audio books and maybe someone can be the awkward old man to sit with me in our matching rocking chairs on our front porch where we can wave our canes around at the people who walk by our house

Can't you just see it?  Two twenty-somethings sitting on a front porch waving canes we don't need sitting in rocking chairs and pretending to be older than we are.  AB-solutely.

*EDIT*

Ok, I found another easter egg on the stupid nyan cat thing.  Lowering the volume actually raises the volume and if you click it enough times, the colors change.

Thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment