Sunday, April 28, 2013

Life Decisions and Bad Days

I'm having them.

I've finally got a place to stay for the next however long they'll keep me.  I'm excited.  Actually, I am, despite my lack of emphatic punctuation.  I'm not...Not in the mood to express my excitement.

I'm self medicating for the mood with ice cream (Half-Baked from Ben and Jerry's and actually it's FroYo because I make good decisions when I'm not paying attention) and Sprite splashed with vodka.  Considering last night, that last bit might be a bad decision but I'm beyond caring right now.

Also Coupling is the background theme of the night.  I'm planning on attempting to do my  nails tonight too.  I'll possibly blog a bit more tonight too.

I don't know...I'm just...I'm in this position in my life where I either need to quit this breakfast job or I need to be admitted into an insane asylum because it's driving me up the wall.

Since I know my parents don't read this, I'm going to confess that I didn't go into work this morning like I was supposed to.  I called in sick because I woke up at 4:30 and was still too drunk to drive.  So yeah, didn't go to work.  And frankly, it probably would have made everything worse.

Because last night was bad.  It just...it ended badly.  I started chronicling it just now, but I've decided you all don't need to know the gory details.

And so I drank last night, and I honestly thought I wouldn't be drunk by the time I needed to be awake, but I was wrong.  And so I called in sick.

But I end up not wanting to go to work almost all the time these days.

And frankly, I'm getting all of these signals (read: everyone is telling me outright) that I need to quit this damn morning job.  I love the bar, I would prefer it if we served more than beer and wine, but I do love it.  And the evening people are far nicer than the morning people.  And frankly, I prefer inebriated people.  Not completely trashed, somewhere between intoxicated and drunk is the best.  Breakfast, however, has never been one of my favorite meals, ever.  And people before noon are not happy as a general rule.

And recently things have just been going downhill.  And I need to just make time to meet the GM and talk to him about just working bar or leaving because I cannot do breakfast anymore.  And everyone has been telling me this stuff for ages.

Sorry, watching TV and blogging do not mix actually.  I'm kind of ADD right now.

Anyway...I'm going to work on my nails...

Until Next Time, Dear Readers
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment