Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Same day, different post

Okay, so actually I wasn't done...Well, I was, but with that particular stream of consciousness.

I'm bored, in other words, and need something to do that isn't reading a story that will inevitably make me cry because I am in public and that shit just don't fly with me.

I could write some more of one of my stories, but let's face it, I'm not going to.

I forgot to mention something in my earlier blog, and it's kind of a big deal.

My roommates' dog, Rufus, was put down today.  He started having seizures at about 5:30 yesterday evening. None of us knew what was going on at first, but they took him to the vet at around 6 or so.  Probably didn't get there until 6:30.  He didn't respond to the treatment at the vet, so they took him to the Virginia Tech animal hospital.  They left him there overnight at around 10:30.

At 7:30 this morning, they learned that he'd actually gotten worse, going into cardiac arrest with continued seizures whenever they let him breathe on his own.  So they decided to put him down.

And yeah, he was an annoying dog who whined at all hours of the night and day, and whenever the fuck he wanted.  But he was sweet, and otherwise a good dog.  And it was obviously very scary for him.  He was young too.

We're guessing he ate something toxic when he ran off yesterday.  He was only gone for 15 minutes, but dogs eat things they're not supposed to much faster than that all of the time.  We're not sure what it was, or why it wasn't able to leave his system.  But obviously it did a lot of damage to his little body in the time he'd ingested it.

And that's how my day started.

I mean, it's not exactly been a terrible day, but it's never fun when you wake up to someone crying because their dog died.

So there's that.

And of course, I've still got those strange baby/child/taking care of people dreams going on, and I'd had one or three last night, which is why you got to hear about it today.  (Hear, read, same thing)

And I just...I want to make things better for everyone, and I'm (for whatever reason) still having to learn that I cannot do this.  It is not physically possible for me to make everything okay for everyone.  I would explode before I was able to make that even moderately possible.

And it doesn't make it suck any less, realizing this.

Ugh, this is not a happy day.  Not a bad day, mind, but not happy.

Sorry y'all

Until Next Time, Dear Readers,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment