Friday, September 7, 2012

Things that Terrify Me 2/? (And: I'm such a Kid sometimes)

It's been almost a year since the first edition of Things that Terrify Me.

Maybe it's the time of year that causes the night terrors or whatever this is.  At some point between the times of 7:48am and 9:00am this morning, I had another one.  The first one since "Things that Terrify Me 1/?"

And yeah, it's still scary, mostly because I'm aware that I'm awake when it happens.  Or that I was asleep. Regardless, I know what's going on when it's going on and that's the scary bit.

I can move around, too.  That's what's really weird.  I can move around and fight it off, which is new from last time.  And I didn't have any hallucinations, like last time -- auditory or otherwise.  It was just the feeling of something being on top of me and it wasn't a good feeling.  I tried moving to my side (sleeping on your back is a main cause of night terrors), I tried flipping over.  I tried taking the blanket away from my neck.  And for the most part that last one seemed to work, but by then I was completely conscious and just wanting to go back to sleep.

It's scary, but I suppose it's better than bad dreams, right?  And it's probably not helped by the fact that I very recently watched a horror movie, by the title of the Poughkeepsie Tapes.  Not a good movie to watch when you're by yourself (luckily, I watched it midday, so it's not so bad, but still not a pleasant movie).  Yeah...

In other news, I went and bought groceries today.  For dinner I had a Lunchable (chicken nuggets and oreos) and a chocolate soy milk box...  Like I said, I'm such a kid sometimes. :P

Until next time, dear readers,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment