Friday, September 2, 2011

Why Must The Girl Always Be The Bad Guy?

...

No really.  Please, let me know if you have the answer.  Why must we always be "the bitch?" Or "the dirty ho-bag."  Why are we always painted as the villain?  Why is this the social norm?

Why can't I have been doing something nice, something thoughtful, something not self-centered for once?  Why can't I be a fish out of water in a new situation that I realize I don't want to be in, and I try and fix it so as not to hurt him?

Why can't we just assume people are doing it for good reasons?  Why must it always be a bad thing that people don't work out as a couple?

Why should my best friend have to break up with her boyfriend because he doesn't treat her right, and have to be painted as the crazy bitch who broke up with him via text because he wouldn't wake up because he was sick?

Why should I have to be painted as someone with commitment issues when all I was doing was realizing that I wasn't as attracted to the guy as I wanted to be, but since he was a nice guy, I didn't want to lead him on?

Why?

Why is it that when these things happen, us girls sit and cry over the issue, because we're "the bad guys" and really, it should be the GUYS who are crying over it.  We shouldn't have to worry about what he's going to tell his friends about us.  We shouldn't have to stay in a relationship so he can break up with us when he finally reaches the same page.

I fucking hate our society right now.  This is ridiculous.  It shouldn't be like this.  And yet, I find more and more that it is, and that I can't change it alone.

We need to start assuming people are doing things for the right reasons, and not for the wrong ones.

Please.  Please, just...help me with this, because I can't stand the thought of another girl out there who is being painted as some crazy scary person because she wants to do the right thing in the relationship and end it.  It's not worth it.

It's not.

Until next time,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment