Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Already, Today is Looking Up

Yes, I realize it's a little late in the day to be posting something with that sort of title, but I couldn't think of another way to put how today has gone.

Today is Wednesday, and, as I have informed you previously, usually Wednesdays kick my ass.  All over the place.

The fact that I have been chatted up by a serial tickler on a dating website and got to class without too much incident, today is still one of my better Wednesdays.

It has occurred to me, over the past couple of Wednesdays, that the days will indeed be getting shorter as the seasons march onwards, and that the parkinglot that I am required to park in for this class only as a few lightposts, half of which are on the far side of the lot, and the ones closest to the building are already crowded around by people who aren't even sticking around until dark.  As a young woman, when I leave class, I'm positively terrified that someone's going to jump out from behind a parked car and attack me.  Since I'm a relatively shy person, I'm almost more terrified to ask someone to walk me to my car (preferably an intimidating looking man, but any sort of buddy will do in the buddy-system).  Hopefully someone will notice that I usually leave the building alone in the dark and will take pity on me and start walking me to my car just out of niceness and not because I'm scared of what's in the dark.

Until Next Time, Dear Readers
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment