Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Things that Terrify Me (1/?)

Over the course of about two weeks to a month, I've had a number of episodes where I will be partially awake in my bed and unable to move.  During this time, I can feel the bed moving and I hear things, most commonly voices.  I feel terror and dread, usually, and I cannot move much or speak.  I have come to the conclusion that I am experiencing some sort of sleep paralysis or night terror, and normally I can will it away by forcing myself back to sleep, or by fighting it off by imagining myself surrounded by a bright white light of protection.

Last night I had about four or five episodes, scattered between dreaming and sleeping.

It was disturbing.  You try waking up in the middle of the night with your bed moving and not be able to know why.  That and the auditory hallucinations.  THOSE are creepy.  I can never actually make out words, but it's like it's right by my ear.  They're raspy and are probably only my head against the pillow, but my GOD does it scare the bejeebus out of me.

That and all my dreams were like I was actually living them.  They were realistic and I never knew where I was or where I was supposed to be, or what I was supposed to be doing.  Luckily my mommy was in my dream, so she helped a little bit.

I'm sure there will be more posts on this subject, so stay tuned.  But for right now I'm going to scare off my willies and try and not be so shaky.

Until Next Time, Dear Readers
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment